Business & Industry Partnerships
The University of Avignon develops partnerships with the local, national and international socio-economic fabric. They are based on research collaborations associating the university's laboratories with socio-economic partners, on shared experimental platforms that support fruitful research relationships, on structures that facilitate technology transfer, innovation, the valorisation of research results, and the development of ecosystems associating research, training and economic development. These collaborations make the Université d'Avignon the laboratory of the region and a major partner of major players in its two priority sectors.
- TERRALIA-PASSTERRALIA-PASS is the competitiveness cluster for the agricultural, agri-food and technological, cosmetic, aroma and perfume sectors in the South East. It is one of the main partners of the University of Avignon in the Agrosciences section.
- WATERThe project focuses on water resources assessment.
- Safe Cluster by Pegase & Risksfor the development of new aerospace uses and global security.
- SCS (Secure Communication Solutions).
- Trimatecfocused on environmental technologies for industry (fluids, biomass, contamination control, etc.)
Transfer and valorisation structures
- SATT-South East, technology transfer acceleration company.
- Carnot Institutes : The Carnot label is intended to develop partnership research, i.e. the conduct of research work by public laboratories in partnership with socio-economic actors, mainly companies (from SMEs to large groups), in response to their needs. UAPV is involved in two Carnots, one in each of its identity axes: Qualiment (Agri-food) and Cognition (Cognitive and digital sciences).
The role of public research incubators is to develop the skills and transfer the technologies of university laboratories and public research bodies through the creation of innovative companies and the creation of high added value jobs in the region. It supports and accompanies projects originating from or linked to research.
Joint university/company laboratories
- LaboCom ORTESA: joint laboratory "Naturex - University of Avignon" which aims at the "sustainable" creation of a laboratory of excellence in eco-extraction of plants for the discovery of "sustainable processes", "clean solvents" and "innovative products".
Person in charge: Farid Chemat.
- Labcom CHEM2STAB: Joint research laboratory (LabCom) unique in the world associating teams of chemists from the University of Avignon (UMR 5247 - Equipe Chimie Bioorganique et Systèmes Amphiphiles - CBSA) and biochemists from the company CALIXAR. The main objective of CHEM2STAB is to develop new molecules capable of extracting, stabilising and/or crystallising therapeutic targets and antigens (mainly membrane proteins) without denaturing them. Research in the field of reagents for proteomics and more specifically for the validation of membrane-type pharmaceutical targets is a fairly recent field with very important stakes in human and animal health.
Person in charge: Gregory Durand.
Economic development support structures
- Vaucluse Provence Attractiveness
- Vaucluse Provence Numérique
- Technopôle Agroparc
- Grand Avignon Entreprendre
- CREO Vaucluse
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Vaucluse
- The Pays d'Aix business incubator and hotel network
- Réseau Entreprendre Rhône-Durance